I had a meeting this week at the Oklahoma Department of Education, and I found the following signs in the hallway on the third floor of the building rather humorous.
First, there were several boxes of bags sitting outside one of the offices. Apparently, at least a few people felt the availability of the bags in the hallway was an invitation to help themselves to a free bag. As a result, the following “Do Not Take Bags” sign was necessary on the side of one of the boxes:
I suppose I can partly see why people walking by thought these bags were being made available for the general public. If the owners didn’t want anyone to take any bags, perhaps it would be good to close the box?
In the same area, apparently some people in the past had seen the deposted boxes and figured it was a dumping area for other boxes of trash and unwanted items. As as result, the following sign (which can be paraphrased as “no dumping”) was posted:
Often we bemoan or hear other adults bemoan the behaviors of children as “so immature” or “unprofessional,” yet I think we can often find adults in professional contexts who (for a variety of reasons no doubt) make poor choices. These signs reflect that reality, and also gave me a good laugh this week.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Podcast 434: Discovering Useful New Ideas as a Connected Educator (October 2015) - 2015
- Sharing My Learning via Twitter from Write Well, Sell Well 2015 - 2015
- Writing for Greater Impact by Shannon Ethridge - 2015
- Selling Well for Non-Fiction Writers by Chris Maselli - 2015
- Avoiding Digital Disasters: Video Is the New Pen - 2013
- Awesome Brickfilm - 2011
- Podcast332: WordPress Saves Lives - Learn How #actem09 - 2009
- Voicethreads about favorite books! - 2007
- Elluminate moderation: First impressions - 2006
- Firefox 2 and Skype 2 - 2006