This podcast is a recording of the NECC 2008 presentation “The Magic of Digital: Collaborative Interaction in Teacher Professional Development,” shared on July 2, 2008. The offical description of this session in the NECC program was: There is a tangible electricity present when teachers connect with each other, and connect their students to others in safe ways using digital technologies. In this session, we’ll share stories about the different ways teachers have and continue to experience this “magical electricity” through synchronous as well as asynchronous digital connections for professional development as well as classroom instruction. To be effective, teachers need to literally EXPERIENCE the constructive power of digital interactions online rather than simply hear about the possiblities in an “awareness workshop.” Teachers need to “make stuff” with other teachers using digital tools, and meaningfully collaborate with others over digital networks. We’ll explore ways teachers are doing these things today using the technologies present in their classrooms and available read/write web resources.
- The K-12 Online Conference
- Session description from NECC 2008
- UStream video archive of this presentation
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Beware of iPhone "Melt" App Email and SMS Spam - 2013
- Notes from Gary Stager's Keynote: 2012 Interactive Learning Institute #k20ili - 2012
- This Is What Learning Looks Like by Gary Stager (Nov 2012) - 2012
- Puffin Web Browser for Flash Movies on iOS - 2011
- Podcast385: Interview with Frederic-Auguste Bartholdi (Glenn Stoops) - 2011
- Blackboard Users: Consider the Parable of The Tailor - 2010
- Ning Flash Videos now iOS Compatible with Skyfire Browser - 2010
- A proposed student social media protest campaign for NYSCATE - 2009
- A perfect soup dumpling ending to our China adventure - 2009
- Digital audio alternatives by Will Birchett - 2007