Thanks to Philadelphia educator H. Songhai I found this touching slideshow of President-elect Barack Obama and his family on election night last week, as they experienced together intense moments of waiting, hoping, and eventually celebrating together the culmination of so many years of hoping and dreaming.
I want to view this slideshow set to music, and I’m guessing it won’t be long before someone creates a remix that includes music. I was struck by several things watching these images flash by on my laptop screen.
First, isn’t it going to be WONDERFUL and amazing to, again, have a young President with young children in the White House?
Many of these photographs are intensely personal. Look at those hands held together. This image speaks volumes to me.
I adore this photo. The proud children, coming out to congratulate their father. Wow.
Hail to the Chief. 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Learning about Schoolwide WordPress Blogs with Andrea Hernandez - 2015
- Tough Creative Love: The Why and How of Creative Action - 2012
- Breakthrough Thinking by Peter Diamandis - 2012
- Encouraging Creativity in Education through Community & Technology - 2012
- Leading a Culture of Innovation by Sir Ken Robinson - 2012
- Creating Oral History Interview Videos on an iPod Touch - 2011
- iPad Doorprizes, Clearly Announced Conference Recording Permissions, & Ustreaming #micon - 2010
- Carl Anderson on Learning and the Purpose of School (video) - 2010
- Controversial Anti-Abortion Education Campaign at UNT - 2010
- Utilizing Social Media (in schools and for citizen journalism) #collab21 - 2010