Thanks to a tip from James Deaton, I am adding a new item to my wish list for Santa: A Pico Pocket Projector. Unfortunately these are not scheduled to hit the market until 2009. Perhaps the man in red can pull some strings and get an early prototype to Oklahoma?
Battery operated and fitting in the palm of your hand, according to the Pico Projector’s about page:
Despite being smaller and lighter than many digital cameras or smart phones the Optoma Pico Pocket Projector enables users to share images and videos from their media devices at up to a maximum of 60” – incredible from a device small and light enough to be comfortably carried in a pocket or handbag.
Based around the latest LED illumination advances and DLP® imaging technology, Optoma have used their considerable expertise to produce the Optoma Pico Pocket Projector to combine clear, vivid, high contrast images with a 20,000 hour lamp life, long battery life and simple operation.
These were my “road warrior” supplies in February 2007. Will a projector make it into this collection in 2009? Time will tell!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Options for Distributing a FREE eBook: Amazon, Apple, Smashwords and More - 2013
- Privacy, Sharing and Your Google Dashboard #gct - 2010
- Google Lit Trips by Jerome Burg: Microsoft Education Award Laureate #gct - 2010
- Archive of today/tonight's #globaled10 Elluminate session: Share Your Ideas - 2010
- International Collaboration and Bluetooth Prosthetics in Oklahoma #cwf2010 - 2010
- Thoughtful teachers need to engage students collaboratively across the web - 2009
- K12Online09 LAN Party #3 Tonight! (22:30GMT/ 3:30pmPST/ 4:30pmMST/ 5:30pmCST/ 6:30pmEST) - 2009
- We must re-imagine our school cultures and end the madness of high stakes testing / standards-based reform - 2009
- Videoconference With Your Grandchildren - 2008
- My blog's slow response times and POWWEB mySQL issues - 2007