Thanks to a tip from James Deaton, I am adding a new item to my wish list for Santa: A Pico Pocket Projector. Unfortunately these are not scheduled to hit the market until 2009. Perhaps the man in red can pull some strings and get an early prototype to Oklahoma?
Battery operated and fitting in the palm of your hand, according to the Pico Projector’s about page:
Despite being smaller and lighter than many digital cameras or smart phones the Optoma Pico Pocket Projector enables users to share images and videos from their media devices at up to a maximum of 60” – incredible from a device small and light enough to be comfortably carried in a pocket or handbag.
Based around the latest LED illumination advances and DLP® imaging technology, Optoma have used their considerable expertise to produce the Optoma Pico Pocket Projector to combine clear, vivid, high contrast images with a 20,000 hour lamp life, long battery life and simple operation.
These were my “road warrior” supplies in February 2007. Will a projector make it into this collection in 2009? Time will tell!
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Options for Distributing a FREE eBook: Amazon, Apple, Smashwords and More - 2013
- Privacy, Sharing and Your Google Dashboard #gct - 2010
- Google Lit Trips by Jerome Burg: Microsoft Education Award Laureate #gct - 2010
- Archive of today/tonight's #globaled10 Elluminate session: Share Your Ideas - 2010
- International Collaboration and Bluetooth Prosthetics in Oklahoma #cwf2010 - 2010
- Thoughtful teachers need to engage students collaboratively across the web - 2009
- K12Online09 LAN Party #3 Tonight! (22:30GMT/ 3:30pmPST/ 4:30pmMST/ 5:30pmCST/ 6:30pmEST) - 2009
- We must re-imagine our school cultures and end the madness of high stakes testing / standards-based reform - 2009
- Videoconference With Your Grandchildren - 2008
- My blog's slow response times and POWWEB mySQL issues - 2007