I believe we need to give our students choices in the ways they “show what they know.” A hallmark of high-quality education in the 21st century is “differentiated assessment,” as well as differentiated instruction. In making this case to your administrator, consider using the 2001 revision to Bloom’s Taxonomy by Anderson and Krathwohl. New Zealand educator Andrew Churches has created a wiki for Bloom’s Digital Taxonomy with lots of great resources related to this topic, and has also created a Scribed document explaining these ideas in detail. (Thanks to Darren Kuropatwa for alerting me to these resources!)
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- FREE Hour of Code Webinars with Wes - 2013
- MinecraftEDU Beginner Challenge: Craft 10 Basic Tools with Wood and Stone - 2013
- AudioBoo Websites and Ports to Unblock on Your School Internet Content Filter - 2012
- K-12 Online Conference 2011 Closing Live Event: The Afterglow! - 2011
- An Exemplary Elementary Computer Lab Setup, Website and Lesson Plans - 2011
- Choose mobile learning devices instead of IWBs - 2010
- Learning More about Chrome OS - 2010
- Web-based Video Transcoding - A Beautiful Sight! - 2009
- Chapter book bedtime reading advice needed - 2008
- Encouraging community conversations about digital learning skills and school reform in Colorado - 2008