…honor the world’s top Twitterers. You can nominate as many people for as many categories as you’d like until midnight December 31st.
Participation is straightforward, and is done (of course) via Twitter:
- To nominate someone for a Shorty Award, use the form on this [THE SHORTY AWARDS] site, or send a tweet similar to this: @shortyawards I nominate @someone in category #news because… (but write something of your own).
- The text of the tweet is completely up to you. As long as it contains @shortyawards @someone #category you can be as creative with the rest as you like.
- You actually have to write something. Just submitting the default tweet doesn’t count.
- If you later decide you want to change what you wrote, retweet with the same @someone and #category and it’ll replace your old tweet with the new one.
Go forth and tweet your nominations! Follow the nominations on twitter.com/shortyawards. Education nominees are listed on http://shortyawards.com/category/education. I recommend using the webform on the Shorty Awards site, that way you’ll be sure to get the nomination syntax correct. It isn’t complicated, but I did get it wrong the first time I tried without the form.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- The Tyranny of Current Events - 2019
- January 15, 2016 iPad Workshop at Kansas State - 2015
- Open ZIP Files on an iPhone with Puffin, Dropbox and Goodreader - 2013
- 2011 in 60 Seconds [60in60 video] - 2011
- Stream Hulu+ to a HDMI Television with Airplay Mirroring, an iPad2 and Apple TV - 2011
- Virtuoso iPad Teacher - 2010
- iPad Document Camera and Ustream Setup - 2010
- A custom photo book for Nana - 2009
- Scanning with Apple's Preview Application - 2009
- Good experiences with Apple's Migration Assistant - 2009