…honor the world’s top Twitterers. You can nominate as many people for as many categories as you’d like until midnight December 31st.
Participation is straightforward, and is done (of course) via Twitter:
- To nominate someone for a Shorty Award, use the form on this [THE SHORTY AWARDS] site, or send a tweet similar to this: @shortyawards I nominate @someone in category #news because… (but write something of your own).
- The text of the tweet is completely up to you. As long as it contains @shortyawards @someone #category you can be as creative with the rest as you like.
- You actually have to write something. Just submitting the default tweet doesn’t count.
- If you later decide you want to change what you wrote, retweet with the same @someone and #category and it’ll replace your old tweet with the new one.
Go forth and tweet your nominations! Follow the nominations on twitter.com/shortyawards. Education nominees are listed on http://shortyawards.com/category/education. I recommend using the webform on the Shorty Awards site, that way you’ll be sure to get the nomination syntax correct. It isn’t complicated, but I did get it wrong the first time I tried without the form.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- January 15, 2016 iPad Workshop at Kansas State - 2015
- Podcast421: The 2014 EdTech Year in Review - 2014
- Open ZIP Files on an iPhone with Puffin, Dropbox and Goodreader - 2013
- 2011 in 60 Seconds [60in60 video] - 2011
- Stream Hulu+ to a HDMI Television with Airplay Mirroring, an iPad2 and Apple TV - 2011
- Virtuoso iPad Teacher - 2010
- iPad Document Camera and Ustream Setup - 2010
- A custom photo book for Nana - 2009
- Scanning with Apple's Preview Application - 2009
- Good experiences with Apple's Migration Assistant - 2009