Does anyone have any suggestions for websites to safely download pictures off the internet?
This was my answer.
WikiPedia is a good source for images because all the sharing/use terms are explicitly listed for images. We have other image sources listed on our Image Resources page of our COV project Google Site.
The wiki site “Copyright-Friendly and Copyleft Images and Sound (Mostly!) for Use in Media Projects and Web Pages, Blogs, Wikis, etc.” also has an extensive list worth checking out.
David Warlick has an extensive but perhaps overwhelming list of websites which can be used as image sources on his Landmarks for Schools site.
I used to teach a workshop titled “Multimedia Madness: Obtaining Images, Movies, and Audio Files from the Internet and CD-ROMs,” and although the list is a a bit dated there are some image sources there that could be helpful.
Cathy Nelson’s October 2008 post on Classroom 2.0 “Copyright Friendly Pictures” has a bunch of additional suggestions.
What would you say in response?
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Why I Switched My WordPress Web Host from WP Engine to Site5 - 2014
- Optimize a Google Site for Mobile Accessibility and Metrics - 2012
- Photo 365 Projects on Seedlings: Thurs Jan 6th - 2011
- Upset about Standardized Testing (Love Letter To Albuquerque Public Schools) - 2011
- Powerful Ingredients Videoconference today - 2010
- Access your notes even after your textbook subscription expires - 2010
- A whole lotta Twitter phishin goin' on - 2009
- Podcast214: Surrender of the Japanese to the United States Aboard the USS Missouri (a retelling in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii) - 2008
- Digital ethics and citizenship - 2007
- Vince Young is the real deal - 2006