I am glad to be working with a local university instructor on a “student summary podcasting” project this semester which involves her students using the website Gabcast to record short (10 minute or less) summaries of each class lecture. Each student is being required to summarize ONE class lecture, as well as listen to and comment on the summary podcasts by five classmates. I’m going to study the impact this has on student achievement (grades), attendance, and instructor course evaluation results. This weekend I setup the Gabcast channels for her 3 sections and tried to set up Blogger accounts to which Gabcast would automatically post links and embed Flash players for each episode.
For some reason, however, I could never get my Blogger blogs to work and receive/accept new posts from Gabcast. Dean Shareski advised me that he had gotten this to work with WordPress previously, so I opted to create free sites on WordPress.com instead of Blogger and had success getting the Gabcast blog auto-post functionality properly configured.
Has anyone figured out the trick to getting the Gabcast to Blogger auto-post configuration working? I followed the instructions on the Gabcast FAQ and tried tweaking different settings, but never got it to work. I tried this back in late 2007 following Liz Kolb‘s K12Online outstanding presentation “Cell Phones as Classroom Learning Tools” and never got it to work then either.
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Register for iPad Media Camp in Summer 2014 in Illinois, Texas, Kansas & Oklahoma! - 2014
- UCO Dumps Epic One on One Charter School - 2011
- Free Project Gutenberg eBooks Download Directly to Kindle for iPad - 2011
- The Frontiers Beckon (NASA video) - 2011
- Blog posts that hide spoilers - 2010
- Implications of (almost) free online storage for educators and students - 2010
- It's Time for a New Kind Of University - 2009
- A Creative Designer's Solicitation for Employment via StopMotion - 2009
- Keep family and friends informed of hospital and health updates with CaringBridge - 2009
- Learning about Internet safety in Travian - 2008