Crystal Meth, aka “methamphetamine,” is a highly addictive drug. Addiction to meth is epidemic in my home state of Oklahoma. Tuesday evening, January 13, 2009 at 6:30 pm CST a special 30 minute documentary called “Crystal Darkness” will simultaneously air on multiple Oklahoma television stations as well as online via the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services web site. At the invitation of Oklahoma A+ Schools, I will be attending the “watch party” at the University of Central Oklahoma here in Edmond and facilitating a post-show question and answer session to be broadcast live over Ustream.tv from the UCO campus.
We’ll be getting thing setup early, and will go “on the air” at 6 pm CST for some pre-event discussion with educators, students, and others gathered at the Broncho Sports Grill.
For more details, see the UCO press release from January 7, 2009, “Oklahoma A+ Schools and UCO To Host Oklahoma ‘Crystal Darkness’ Watch Party.” I’ll tweet updates and links when we go online Tuesday night on Ustream. I hope you can join us! A+ Schools staff members will be assisting with the videography and chat room moderation, so we should be able to “give voice” to any questions which are posed in the chat room for our face-to-face Q&A guests.
The recorded UStream of the pre- and post-show discussions at UCO will be posted on the Oklahoma A+ Schools’ website: www.aplusok.org
For more information about this campaign, go to www.crystaldarknessoklahoma.org.
For immediate assistance, please contact 1-888-METH-AID or 211 in Oklahoma area.
Please support my STEM classroom Donor's Choose project: "Applying STEM Skills with Robotic Sphero Balls. Use the promo code INSPIRE at checkout to double your donation (up to $100) thanks to a match from DonorsChoose.org.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Block Video Ads in YouTube - 2014
- Create a Custom Google Gadget for Blogger or Google Sites - 2012
- 10 Slots Remain for Celebrate Oklahoma Voices Workshop in Yukon: 19-21 Jan 2011 - 2011
- What websites should be whitelisted on school content filters? - 2011
- Oklahoma Political Themes: Fire Rural School Superintendents and Overpaid State Physicians - 2011
- Great first impressions of videoconferencing via Google Chat - 2009
- Discussing the documentary Crystal Darkness at UCO with Oklahoma A+ Schools - 2009
- Response to a newspaper editor, Buddy Pearson, on social networking experiences - 2008
- Stuck in Denver - 2007
- Thoughts on grades, authentic assessment, and measuring learning - 2007