I’ve posted twice in the past few weeks about Colorado teachers Jonathan Bergmann and Aaron Sams’ use of video podcasting to “flip” the traditional school model of lecturing during face-to-face class time and sending students home to complete independent practice activities in isolation. Their 21.5 minute video, “Mastery Learning That Works,” provides more background and details about the instructional model they espouse in their classroom and workshop series they’ve launched as Peak Educational Consulting, LLC. Basically, they are using video podcasts to present lectures and having students work during class on independent practice activities which would normally be “homework.” That way as students need assistance, they are there (as teachers) to provide support and answer questions.
Thanks to Jonathan for letting me know about this video and their workhops over on ISTEconnects.org.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- 10 Things I Learned Teaching A Full Day iPad Workshop - 2015
- Thanks OKeducationTruths (Rick Cobb) For Your Courage & Leadership - 2015
- Documenting the 2014 Trapper's Rendezvous with iPhone Video - 2014
- Lessons Learned Using Puppet Pals on iPads in an After School Program - 2012
- What's So Common About Common Core? - 2012
- Classroom Management, Effective Instruction, and Student Motivation by Mark Mcleod - 2012
- A Call to Increase the Volume of our Profession in Educational Politics - 2012
- The Best Political Spin Money Can Buy - 2012
- Averting USB Famines - 2011
- A reminder to address and stop cyberbullying - RE: Cry of the Dolphins - 2010