Last night I logged into Feedburner and heeded the site’s recommendation to “update” my account by merging it to use the standard Google authentication scheme. I probably should have done more background reading first. Back in September, Alex Chitu described some of the problems others have had with the Google-Feedburner marriage. This evening I glanced at my Feedburner chicklet subscriber stats, and noticed they have dropped BIG time.
I don’t think this is an actual reduction in subscribers, I think this is attributable to some plumbing errors on Google and Feedburner’s parts. [SIGH] Of course these numbers COULD be accurate, perhaps my last podcast about Storychaser dreams offended lots of folks. (I don’t see how it could, however!)
My recommendation for others at this point: Hold off on the “recommended” Feedburner to Google login migration. It doesn’t look like “they” have the bugs worked out in this process yet.
Please support my STEM classroom Donor's Choose project: "Applying STEM Skills with Robotic Sphero Balls. Use the promo code INSPIRE at checkout to double your donation (up to $100) thanks to a match from DonorsChoose.org.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Improving Student Writing Using iPads - 2014
- Use Appointment Slots on a Google Calendar - 2012
- Creative Math Word Problems about Rock Climbing & Mountaineering #favlesson - 2012
- Underwhelmed by iBooks Author Software - 2012
- A Creative Professional Resume on Prezi - 2011
- Considering Options to Reduce Monthly Wireless Bills - 2011
- Beatings, Electric Shock and Death for Internet Addicted Chinese Youth - 2010
- Why don't more teachers integrate technology more effectively? - 2010
- Mind blowing photo resolution from the inauguration - 2009
- Student Storychasers in Washington DC this week - 2009