If you are a U.S. educator seeking additional resources to better utilize digital technologies in support of classroom learning, the money allocated by the U.S. Congress for educational technology and professional development via the Enhancing Education Through Technology (Ed-Tech) State Program – EETT is an important political topic to follow.
The ISTEconnects post, “U.S. Educational Technology Funding Updates,” provides some new information on edtech funding included in the recently passed “stimulus package” as well as an exhortation to utilize the the EdTech Action Network (www.edtechactionnetwork.org) to contact U.S. elected representatives about educational technology funding levels. Via her ISTE Community blog, Hilary Goldman has provided several helpful updates about EETT and the stimulus package already. Look for more posts from Hilary in the weeks ahead about these issues. Hilary is the Director of Government Affairs for ISTE.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Video Toolbox: A Good iPad App for Blurring Student Faces (when needed) - 2015
- Social Media Consulting Services - 2012
- Essential Media for Educators - 2012
- Surviving Dachau, Liberating Mauthausen - 2011
- Podcast373: Innovation, Creativity and Future Schools - 2011
- Erewhon, Mt Sunday (Edoras) and the Rangitata Valley - 2009
- Advocating for differentiated content filtering - 2008
- Here come Star Trek communicators - 2007
- Self-promotional video is instructive on different levels - 2007
- Firewire over IP and Target Mode - 2004