This morning following the opening session at theLearning@School 09 conference in Rotorua, New Zealand, I learned about the New Zealand Internet Blackout campaign from Dave Winter, ICT manager at Southwell School in Hamilton.
The New Zealand Internet Blackout protests against the Guilt Upon Accusation law ‘Section 92A’ that calls for internet disconnection based on accusations of copyright infringement without a trial and without any evidence held up to court scrutiny. This is due to come into effect on February 28th unless immediate action is taken by the National Party.
Take a moment and sign the petition online with your email address.
Hat tip to Jo Fothergill for this link via her Twitter profile.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Backchannel with 5th Graders & Pie Chart Questions on the Winter Olympics - 2014
- Emerging Insights on Learning, Technology, and the Road Ahead in Education - 2013
- Designing Out-of-the-Box College Course Assignments that Students Care About - 2013
- Michael Wesch on Creating Learners which Question and Live in a World of Constant Wonder - 2013
- Open Sharing Leads to eBook Inspiration: Indonesia to Minnesota to Oklahoma - 2013
- @OKCPS Executive Director Information Technology Position Open: Please Apply! - 2012
- Academic journals should not have paywalls- Support Open Access Publishing! - 2011
- Lessons Learned Webcasting with Ustream Producer - 2010
- Creating and Managing Digital Portfolios Using Adobe Acrobat by Allanah King - 2009
- Hooked on Learning by Pam Hook - 2009