This morning following the opening session at the[email protected] 09 conference in Rotorua, New Zealand, I learned about the New Zealand Internet Blackout campaign from Dave Winter, ICT manager at Southwell School in Hamilton.
The New Zealand Internet Blackout protests against the Guilt Upon Accusation law ‘Section 92A’ that calls for internet disconnection based on accusations of copyright infringement without a trial and without any evidence held up to court scrutiny. This is due to come into effect on February 28th unless immediate action is taken by the National Party.
Take a moment and sign the petition online with your email address.
Hat tip to Jo Fothergill for this link via her Twitter profile.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Backchannel with 5th Graders & Pie Chart Questions on the Winter Olympics - 2014
- Emerging Insights on Learning, Technology, and the Road Ahead in Education - 2013
- Designing Out-of-the-Box College Course Assignments that Students Care About - 2013
- Michael Wesch on Creating Learners which Question and Live in a World of Constant Wonder - 2013
- Open Sharing Leads to eBook Inspiration: Indonesia to Minnesota to Oklahoma - 2013
- @OKCPS Executive Director Information Technology Position Open: Please Apply! - 2012
- Academic journals should not have paywalls- Support Open Access Publishing! - 2011
- Lessons Learned Webcasting with Ustream Producer - 2010
- Creating and Managing Digital Portfolios Using Adobe Acrobat by Allanah King - 2009
- Hooked on Learning by Pam Hook - 2009