This podcast includes a series of three interviews from the Learning@School 2009 conference in Rotorua, New Zealand. The first is an interview with Dean McDonnell, a school principal near Matamata. One of the families whose children attend at Dean’s school own the farm where Hobbiton was built for the film trilogy The Lord of the Rings. He has actually gone duck hunting there! Two new movies based on J.R.R. Tolkien’s book “The Hobbit” are in production now and scheduled for worldwide release in December 2011 and December 2012. See the WikiPedia link in the podcast shownotes for more details. The final interview is with a Panasonic representative about their worldwide digital storytelling contest “Kid Witness News.”
- Dean McDonnell and I
- More Photos from Learning@School 2009 on Flickr
- The Hobbit Films (WikiPedia)
- Matamata, New Zealand (WikiPedia)
- Easi-Speak Microphone
- Kid Witness News (Panasoic Digital Storytelling Contest)
- My Flickr Collection of Photos and Videos from New Zealand (February 2009)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- WordPress OKC February 2017 Learning Points - 2017
- Post an eBook from an iPad to Your Class Blog - 2012
- iPhone Video Edited with Splice - 2011
- Student Presentation on an iPad - 2011
- Brush Up on Modern Physics - Free - 2010
- Can you imagine this much global sharing? - 2010
- Geysers in Rotorua at Te Puia - 2009
- Metered, commercial WiFi common in New Zealand - 2009
- Mobile Phone Media Collection and VoiceThread - 2008
- Podcast134: Eric Langhorst on Teaching History with 21st Century Technology - 2007