This podcast includes a series of three interviews from the Learning@School 2009 conference in Rotorua, New Zealand. The first is an interview with Dean McDonnell, a school principal near Matamata. One of the families whose children attend at Dean’s school own the farm where Hobbiton was built for the film trilogy The Lord of the Rings. He has actually gone duck hunting there! Two new movies based on J.R.R. Tolkien’s book “The Hobbit” are in production now and scheduled for worldwide release in December 2011 and December 2012. See the WikiPedia link in the podcast shownotes for more details. The final interview is with a Panasonic representative about their worldwide digital storytelling contest “Kid Witness News.”
- Dean McDonnell and I
- More Photos from Learning@School 2009 on Flickr
- The Hobbit Films (WikiPedia)
- Matamata, New Zealand (WikiPedia)
- Easi-Speak Microphone
- Kid Witness News (Panasoic Digital Storytelling Contest)
- My Flickr Collection of Photos and Videos from New Zealand (February 2009)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- WordPress OKC February 2017 Learning Points - 2017
- Post an eBook from an iPad to Your Class Blog - 2012
- iPhone Video Edited with Splice - 2011
- Student Presentation on an iPad - 2011
- Brush Up on Modern Physics - Free - 2010
- Can you imagine this much global sharing? - 2010
- Geysers in Rotorua at Te Puia - 2009
- Metered, commercial WiFi common in New Zealand - 2009
- Mobile Phone Media Collection and VoiceThread - 2008
- Podcast134: Eric Langhorst on Teaching History with 21st Century Technology - 2007