This podcast is an audio recording of my keynote address on February 27, 2009, in Rotorua, New Zealand, for the Learning@School 2009 Conference. I also included some reflections I recorded on stage just prior to the keynote. The official conference presentation description of this session was: Personalised, differentiated learning defines exemplary education in the 21st century. Blended learning models offer teachers and students a diverse menu of content delivery and assessment options which can be tailored to meet individual needs. In this session we will explore how a variety of web-based environments and instructional strategies are permitting educators to provide learners with choices in not only the ways they can access and consume content, but also in the ways they “show what they know” through performance-based assessment methods.
- Presentation Referenced Links and Resources
- Presentation on Slideshare (with synchronized audio)
- Allanah King’s Dance Video (also on YouTube)
- Learning@School 2009 Conference (Rotorua, New Zealand)
- My Flickr Collection of Photos and Videos from New Zealand (February 2009)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Code as Poetry in 4th Grade Scratch Club - 2018
- 2 Challenges: With STEM & iPads - 2014
- Growing Nimble Thinkers for the Creative Economy by Deborah Morrison and Glenn Griffin - 2013
- Cage-Busting Leadership by Rick Hess - 2013
- Options for Posting by Email (RIP Posterous) - 2013
- Green Screen Photo Effects On The Cheap - 2012
- K12 Panel at the 2012 Heartland eLearning Conference - 2012
- Why is cloud computing significant for college faculty? - 2012
- A Voice of Reason on US Education Policy - 2011
- The Power of Media Advertising: Ads Worth Spreading from TED - 2011