Could this be true? A working data projector for $300? The lumens aren’t too bright, but it does work, and I’m nothing short of AMAZED.
I was also enviously holding the predecessor to the HP Mini 1000 Netbook at the CoSN conference today. The keyboard on the HP Mini is about 92% of fullsize, so unlike other netbooks I’ve briefly tried (like the Dell Inspiron Mini 9) this netbook doesn’t feel “toyish” when my fingers are on the keyboard. This doesn’t feel at all like an XO laptop. Of course it costs about three times as much as an XO does, but it is still less than $500 with the extended battery.
Despite my admitted techno-lust for this netbook, if I’m able to purchase a new laptop in the next few months I’ll probably opt for the Apple Macbook which was updated this past fall. Honestly I just can’t see myself living without Mars Edit and Skitch! I’d definitely buy the netbook with a Linux operating system rather than Windows XP, however, if I was buying.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Great reason NOT to use iBuildApp - 2014
- eBooks Sandbox: a space to share free eBook experiments! - 2012
- Secret iPhone Agreement (now public) and Apple User Ethics - 2010
- Platforms for idea sharing are essential (even family learning blogs) - 2010
- Disrupting Class: How Disruptive Innovation Will Change the Way the World Learns (CoSN 2009 closing keynote) - 2009
- Empowering 21st Century Superintendents to Achieve a Culture of Transformation through Technology - 2009
- The Sugar User-Interface Opportunity by Anne Gentle - 2009
- Google Apps: Implementation and Changing the Way We Do Business - 2009
- Navigating Beyond the Now: The Force, Trends, and Signals that will impact Learning in the Next Decade - 2009
- Social Networking, Web 2.0, and Learning: What the Research Says - 2009