Third place honors went to “Pizza Pi During The Recession” by Karen Montgomery:
Rumor is there may be some forthcoming blog badges for winners to use on websites and blogs. (We’ll certainly add ours to Learning Signs!)
The next contest will be April 20-21, 2009, just prior to Earth Day on April 22nd. Sign up to participate via the official Google form. The day of the event, you’ll receive a SMS text message on your phone and/or an email message with the story prompt, and have 20 hours to plan, shoot, edit and upload your video submission to YouTube. Videos must be tagged per the story prompt instructions. All videos must be shot using a cell phone / mobile phone, but videos can be edited on a computer before uploading them. (It’s not necessary to use YouTube’s mobile video upload feature, but you can if you want and don’t care to edit your final submission!)
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- First Choose Your Own Adventure Story with Twine: The Spark - 2014
- #cuemacul Ed Tech Road Trip Meetup in Oklahoma City March 18th #OkEdtweetup - 2013
- Jailbroken or not, Google Voice is available on your iPhone - 2010
- Reviewing Captain Underpants and other favorite books on Ustream - 2009
- Podcast238: K-12 Online Conference - Free Professional Development on Web 2.0 Technologies - 2008
- Thanks to Marco Torres for the term "quick victories" - 2008