If you listened to Podcast299: Dreaming of the Storychaser’s Peace Train, you might have wondered just want sort of disruptive changes were taking place in my life (this past January) which I was only able to reference obliquely in that podcast. In this 40 minute podcast recorded in the car this past week driving up to Kansas for Spring Break, I discuss some of those changes and my new professional status as an independent / international learning consultant. I also share some reflections on the changes I’ve experienced as an educator and learner the past three years, since moving to Oklahoma from Texas. We’re living in dynamic times, and as one door closes another one opens. Please refer to the podcast shownotes for links to my updated list of professional development workshops, keynote addresses, and other presentation topics I have and am able to present for educators worldwide.
- Podcast299: Dreaming of the Storychaser’s Peace Train
- The Future is Unwritten by Miguel Guhlin
- Celebrate Oklahoma Voices
- Podcast190: Implications of the Attention Economy for Schools (Part 3 of 3)
- Michael Goldhaber’s 1997 article, “The Attention Economy and the Net”
- Sir Ken Robinson on Creativity and Transforming our Schools (ITSC 2009)
- The Element: How Finding Your Passion Changes Everything by Sir Ken Robinson
- ISTE Connects Blog
- Creative Oklahoma Project (“The State of Creativity”)
- Seedlings Podcast and Webcast on EdTechTalk
- Seedlings 2009 New Year’s Webcast
- Updated list of keynote topics, presentations and workshops by Wesley Fryer
- Bio of Wesley Fryer
- Contact Wesley Fryer
- Follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Mourning the Untimely Death of Gigaom - 2015
- iPhone Charging Mystery Solved: Pocket Lint Was The Culprit - 2015
- Oklahoma Students Reflect on Scratch Projects at Scratch Camp (March 2013) - 2013
- Let's Believe in Kids and Teachers as Creative Digital Makers, Not Just Passive Consumers - 2013
- Volunteer Your Site to Host a Summer 2011 Storychasers’ Workshop - 2011
- Digital Footprints Can Include PDF Authorship Details - 2011
- Podcast342: A 12 Year Old's Favorite iPod Touch / iPhone Games (March 2010) - 2010
- Podcast341: Discussing Fan Fiction, Harry Potter Stories, and InstaPaper for the iPod Touch - 2010
- The value of comment moderation and feedback from a social media audience - 2009
- A vision of the mobile, connected college experience - Today in Abilene, Texas - 2008