This podcast is a recording of a session presented by Meghen Ehrich and Sharon Tompson, school technology support staff members from Prince George’s County Public Schools in Upper Marlboro, Maryland. This session was shared on March 10, 2009, at the CoSN 2009 conference in Austin, Texas. The official conference program description for this session was: Prince George’s County Public Schools decided in March 2008 to implement the Google Apps Suite. The panel will share their experiences on how they migrated 28,000 users from Microsoft Exchange to Gmail. Google is integrated into the network and users are provided with single sign-on access. It’s also a ubiquitous tool for staff to access their work from anywhere. In addition, the panel will discuss how they are providing 1000+cell phone users with options, how they are securing the environment, providing tools for e-discovery, and will identify future plans for integrating Google Apps with a LMS to create a low cost anytime, anywhere learning environment for all staff and students.
- PGCPS Has Been Googlized (Google Presentation links for this session)
- Prince George’s County Public Schools in Upper Marboro, Maryland
- Google Apps for Education
- Google for Educators
- The Infinite Thinking Machine
- Google Teacher Academy
- The Consortium for School Networking (CoSN)
- The CoSN 2009 Conference
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- The Number 1 Oklahoma Education Policy Issue: FAIR Taxation of Oil and Gas - 2015
- A Heartwarming Google Search Story of Education at Its Best in Maine - 2012
- Common Core Implementation Guidelines for Leaders: The Good & The Bad - 2012
- Engaging Students with Critical Thinking Strategies - 2012
- OKC WordPress Users' Group March 2011 Meeting Notes - 2011
- Favorite iPhone / iPod Touch News and RSS / update applications - 2010
- Solving a Macbook hard drive free space mystery - 2009
- Plan to attend PodStock May 1-2, 2009 in Wichita, Kansas! - 2009
- Helping students learn about personal finance - 2008
- Developmentally appropriate technology integration PD - 2008