This podcast is a recording of a session presented by Meghen Ehrich and Sharon Tompson, school technology support staff members from Prince George’s County Public Schools in Upper Marlboro, Maryland. This session was shared on March 10, 2009, at the CoSN 2009 conference in Austin, Texas. The official conference program description for this session was: Prince George’s County Public Schools decided in March 2008 to implement the Google Apps Suite. The panel will share their experiences on how they migrated 28,000 users from Microsoft Exchange to Gmail. Google is integrated into the network and users are provided with single sign-on access. It’s also a ubiquitous tool for staff to access their work from anywhere. In addition, the panel will discuss how they are providing 1000+cell phone users with options, how they are securing the environment, providing tools for e-discovery, and will identify future plans for integrating Google Apps with a LMS to create a low cost anytime, anywhere learning environment for all staff and students.
- PGCPS Has Been Googlized (Google Presentation links for this session)
- Prince George’s County Public Schools in Upper Marboro, Maryland
- Google Apps for Education
- Google for Educators
- The Infinite Thinking Machine
- Google Teacher Academy
- The Consortium for School Networking (CoSN)
- The CoSN 2009 Conference
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- The Number 1 Oklahoma Education Policy Issue: FAIR Taxation of Oil and Gas - 2015
- A Heartwarming Google Search Story of Education at Its Best in Maine - 2012
- Common Core Implementation Guidelines for Leaders: The Good & The Bad - 2012
- Engaging Students with Critical Thinking Strategies - 2012
- OKC WordPress Users' Group March 2011 Meeting Notes - 2011
- Favorite iPhone / iPod Touch News and RSS / update applications - 2010
- Solving a Macbook hard drive free space mystery - 2009
- Plan to attend PodStock May 1-2, 2009 in Wichita, Kansas! - 2009
- Helping students learn about personal finance - 2008
- Developmentally appropriate technology integration PD - 2008