This podcast is a recording of a presentation shared by Beth Knittle titled, “All a Twitter about Twitter: Micro-Blogging as a Professional Networking Tool.” Beth shared this presentation on November 19, 2008, at the MASSCUE 2008 conference in Sturbridge, Massachusetts. I helped out a little bit sharing some ideas too during the session. The official program description was: Twitter is a free social messaging service for staying connected in real- time, using the web, your phone, or IM. It is a cross between chat and micro-blogging. Twitter can play a key role in developing a learning environment. Participating in the network can provide just-in-time support and continued learning, and it facilitates a better understanding of the people you collaborate with. Come discover some tips and tricks to make Twitter work for you. (We’ll also examine Plurk, another Twitter- like tool.) Wesley Fryer, a world-class Twitterer, will join the discussion.
- Beth’s handout for this session (PDF)
- My text notes from this session
- Ustream video archive of this session
- Beth Knittle on Twitter: @bknittle
- Wesley Fryer on Twitter: @wfryer
- Beth Knittle’s Presentation Wiki (additional links from this session)
- Beth Knittle’s homepage
- Beth Knittle’s blog: Beth’s Thoughts on Technology in the Classroom
- Twitter directories mentioned during the session: twitter4teachers.pbwiki.com and justtweetit.com
- Edmodo: Free private microblogging for Education 2.0
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Google Mesh Home WiFi Makes our Internet Access MUCH faster - 2019
- Pre-Reflections on the April 2018 Oklahoma Teacher Walkout - 2018
- Learning about Digital Citizenship with Carl Hooker - 2016
- WordPressOKC Meetup Notes: 31 March 2014 - 2014
- Why Are Thousands of Oklahoma Teachers Protesting Today at the Capitol? - 2014
- Podcast401: Why Club Penguin Is Awesome - 2013
- We all can learn a great deal from a great kindergarten teacher - 2010
- Fear not: The digital age is a great season for reading - 2010
- Join the live conversation today: Opportunities and Challenges for Web 2.0 in Schools - 2009
- Visualizing evidence for dark matter - 2008