This podcast is a recording of a presentation shared by Beth Knittle titled, “All a Twitter about Twitter: Micro-Blogging as a Professional Networking Tool.” Beth shared this presentation on November 19, 2008, at the MASSCUE 2008 conference in Sturbridge, Massachusetts. I helped out a little bit sharing some ideas too during the session. The official program description was: Twitter is a free social messaging service for staying connected in real- time, using the web, your phone, or IM. It is a cross between chat and micro-blogging. Twitter can play a key role in developing a learning environment. Participating in the network can provide just-in-time support and continued learning, and it facilitates a better understanding of the people you collaborate with. Come discover some tips and tricks to make Twitter work for you. (We’ll also examine Plurk, another Twitter- like tool.) Wesley Fryer, a world-class Twitterer, will join the discussion.
- Beth’s handout for this session (PDF)
- My text notes from this session
- Ustream video archive of this session
- Beth Knittle on Twitter: @bknittle
- Wesley Fryer on Twitter: @wfryer
- Beth Knittle’s Presentation Wiki (additional links from this session)
- Beth Knittle’s homepage
- Beth Knittle’s blog: Beth’s Thoughts on Technology in the Classroom
- Twitter directories mentioned during the session: twitter4teachers.pbwiki.com and justtweetit.com
- Edmodo: Free private microblogging for Education 2.0
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- WordPressOKC Meetup Notes: 31 March 2014 - 2014
- Why Are Thousands of Oklahoma Teachers Protesting Today at the Capitol? - 2014
- Podcast401: Why Club Penguin Is Awesome - 2013
- We all can learn a great deal from a great kindergarten teacher - 2010
- Fear not: The digital age is a great season for reading - 2010
- Join the live conversation today: Opportunities and Challenges for Web 2.0 in Schools - 2009
- Visualizing evidence for dark matter - 2008
- iPhone Web App explorations begin - 2008
- We all need more sleep - 2006