This podcast is a recording of a presentation shared by Beth Knittle titled, “All a Twitter about Twitter: Micro-Blogging as a Professional Networking Tool.” Beth shared this presentation on November 19, 2008, at the MASSCUE 2008 conference in Sturbridge, Massachusetts. I helped out a little bit sharing some ideas too during the session. The official program description was: Twitter is a free social messaging service for staying connected in real- time, using the web, your phone, or IM. It is a cross between chat and micro-blogging. Twitter can play a key role in developing a learning environment. Participating in the network can provide just-in-time support and continued learning, and it facilitates a better understanding of the people you collaborate with. Come discover some tips and tricks to make Twitter work for you. (We’ll also examine Plurk, another Twitter- like tool.) Wesley Fryer, a world-class Twitterer, will join the discussion.
- Beth’s handout for this session (PDF)
- My text notes from this session
- Ustream video archive of this session
- Beth Knittle on Twitter: @bknittle
- Wesley Fryer on Twitter: @wfryer
- Beth Knittle’s Presentation Wiki (additional links from this session)
- Beth Knittle’s homepage
- Beth Knittle’s blog: Beth’s Thoughts on Technology in the Classroom
- Twitter directories mentioned during the session: twitter4teachers.pbwiki.com and justtweetit.com
- Edmodo: Free private microblogging for Education 2.0
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Learning about Digital Citizenship with Carl Hooker - 2016
- WordPressOKC Meetup Notes: 31 March 2014 - 2014
- Why Are Thousands of Oklahoma Teachers Protesting Today at the Capitol? - 2014
- Podcast401: Why Club Penguin Is Awesome - 2013
- We all can learn a great deal from a great kindergarten teacher - 2010
- Fear not: The digital age is a great season for reading - 2010
- Join the live conversation today: Opportunities and Challenges for Web 2.0 in Schools - 2009
- Visualizing evidence for dark matter - 2008
- iPhone Web App explorations begin - 2008
- We all need more sleep - 2006