I drafted my daughters to record some audio reflections using the free iPhone application AudioBoo this evening, after we had enjoyed some exciting new things at the annual Medieval Fair in Norman, Oklahoma.
Sarah recapped of the evening’s highlights from her point of view:
I was glad to see AudioBoo CAN successfully upload audio over the slower AT&T EDGE network, which my 1st generation iPhone uses when I’m not in a WiFi hotspot area. Previously I’d just used AudioBoo over WiFi. As expected the audio upload time was a LOT longer, but it did work fine. Keep in mind AudioBoo currently limits recordings to a maximum of 3 minutes.
For more on audio recording to the web, see my ISTEconnects post from yesterday, “Publishing Audio At Will.” For more on our exciting evening in Norman, see my Learning Signs post, “Videos from the Medieval Festival in Norman” as well as my Flickr set of photos and videos. I just love flash-based camcorders!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Join Our 10th STEMseeds Google Hangout Saturday April 4th - 2015
- Fun Scratch Projects Today in STEM Class - 2014
- Lessons on Suicide Prevention from Rich Van Pelt - 2013
- Digital Citizenship: Learning to Cross the Street in a Digital World - 2013
- Joys of iPad2 VGA Out - 2011
- iPad First Impressions: It's Magical - 2010
- PD at Wells Junior High School (Maine) - 2010
- College students: Win $$$ for developing social networking apps - 2008
- links for 2008-04-03 - 2008
- Head faking kids to love programming and change the world - 2008