When I visited New Zealand at the end of February 2009 for the Learning@School conference, I met Mr W00dy and we came up with a rather creative project idea. It seems we both have young daughters who love cooking, and would like to share their cooking with others. Why not start an International Cooking Show, we thought?
Last night, my 8 year old recorded episode #1 of the ICS, demonstrating how to cook banana bread from a recipe she found online. I recorded this using my Sony GC1 Net Sharing Cam, and Sarah edited the final video (6 min, 56 sec) herself using iMovie ’09. This was Sarah’s first experience to use iMovie and she found it (of course) exceptionally easy to use. She created a song with “magic Garageband” and used it as background in her movie for the mixing sequences which she sped up. (Garageband includes royalty-free loops, so songs you create with the program can be shared legally online with others.)
Do you have budding chefs in your home or school who might be interested in contributing a video recipe to the ICS project? Feel free to join us, and invite others to do the same!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Transliteracy is the New Language Arts - 2013
- Updates to Blog Advertising Options and Procedures - 2013
- Blogging from 37,000 feet with Delta Airlines - 2012
- Podcast391: Voices from Mobile Learning 2012 - 2012
- Great Historical, Interpretive Remix Videos - 2011
- New Oklahoma Digital Stories: Integration, Boy Scouting, Italian Food Festivals and Planting Trees - 2010
- Don't put clickers in the same basket as laptops - 2010
- Key for posting video embeds to WordPress - Disable visual editing - 2009
- A reason to moderate Ning Members - 2008
- links for 2008-04-14 - 2008