I figured out a mystery which had troubled me for some time: Why can I readily post embedded videos to my personal blog (this one) using MarsEdit, but when my children try to do the same thing to our family learning blog (Learning Signs) the video embed code gets stripped out?
The answer, it turns out, lies with the individual user settings for the “visual editor” in WordPress. With the visual editor disabled, video embed code can be accepted by WordPress, whether it’s posted via a software program like MarsEdit or directly in the browser interface. If the visual editor is left on (its default setting) the code gets stripped out.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Transliteracy is the New Language Arts - 2013
- Updates to Blog Advertising Options and Procedures - 2013
- Blogging from 37,000 feet with Delta Airlines - 2012
- Podcast391: Voices from Mobile Learning 2012 - 2012
- Great Historical, Interpretive Remix Videos - 2011
- New Oklahoma Digital Stories: Integration, Boy Scouting, Italian Food Festivals and Planting Trees - 2010
- Don't put clickers in the same basket as laptops - 2010
- Episode 1 of the International Cooking Show - 2009
- A reason to moderate Ning Members - 2008
- links for 2008-04-14 - 2008