Don’t forget to register for the next “Film on the Fly” cell phone / mobile phone digital storytelling contest! It’s free to participate and the fun begins this coming Monday, April 20th, at 9:00 AM PDT. Complete this Google form to sign up. Participants will receive the contest prompt via SMS, and have 48 hours to plan, shoot, edit and upload a final video. Videos cannot exceed 4 minutes in length, past videos have averaged 2 minutes long. Videos must be shot/recorded with a cell/mobile phone, but can be edited on a computer using software like iMovie. After all submissions have been received, participants are asked to view and rate all the videos starting April 22nd: Earth Day!
My kids and I had a blast creating a video for the last “Film on the Fly” contest on “Pi Day.” We’re looking forward to two days of creativity and mobile filmmaking this time around for Earth Day! Plan to join the fun!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- How Much Should Teachers Share Online? - 2016
- TMobile Claims iPhone Users Pay AT&T More to Be Slower - 2011
- Configure WordPress to auto-correct HTML nested tag errors - 2011
- Science is a Contact Sport with the Brightest Minds in the World @GovInternships - 2011
- Lucrative rewards of viral videos encourage parents to put their children on YouTube - 2010
- Podcast346: Discussing Digital Literacy with Educators in the New Literacies Collaborative - 2010
- Discussing Digital Literacy with the New Literacies Collaborative at NC State - 2010
- Storm Stories from Texas and Oklahoma - 2009
- Podcast246: A Tech Talk for Retirees by Eric Hileman and Wesley Fryer - 2008
- Be wary of saying it with email - 2008