I’m presenting a full-day, hands-on BYOL (bring your own laptop) workshop in Amarillo, Texas, on Saturday, May 16, 2009, titled “Powerful Ingredients for Digitally Interactive Learning.” As of this morning, eight more spots are still available in the workshop, which will be held at the ESC16 Service Center. The workshop description is:
Good teaching is similar in many ways to good cooking. Recipes are helpful, but master cooks often modify those to meet different needs and situations. The same is true for teachers. If we extend this analogy of cooking to teaching and learning in a web 2.0 world, what are the best “ingredients” to use as we help both teachers and students learn to be more effective, safe, and powerful communicators in our flat world? In this working session we will focus on six key ingredients: del.icio.us, social bookmarks, Flickr photo sharing, VoiceThread digital storytelling, collaborative writing tools, websites for phone recording as well as SMS polling, and videoconferencing. Cooking can be intimidating for novices, but richly rewarding. Bring your own laptop and join Wesley Fryer as you learn how to cook up some gourmet learning with some powerful (and free) web 2.0 tools.
This is a topic I’m going to be writing, presenting, and speaking about QUITE a bit in the months ahead, as Karen Montgomery and I are continuing to work on a book focused on these topics.
If you live near Amarillo and aren’t registered for this event yet, please sign up and join us a week from Saturday! 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin Misunderstands Testing and School Quality - 2017
- 30 Reasons I Love Teaching Elementary STEM - 2015
- Quick Edit Video: Water Bottle Rocket Launch - 2014
- 3rd Graders Research Animals with 4 iPads, AudioBoo and PebbleGo - 2013
- iPad Media Camp in Oklahoma City: July 11, 12 & 13, 2012 - 2012
- Common Core Guitar Songs, Lady Gaga Remixes & Commercial Underwriters - 2012
- Podcast378: The EdReach Media Network - Empowering Educator Voices Worldwide - 2011
- Google Docs on the iPad with Office2 Pro - 2010
- Conan on the iPad - 2010
- Podcast315: Exemplary Educational Entrepreneurship in Higher Education - The Fort Hays State University Connection to China by Dr. Edward Hammond - 2009