Doug Noon shared some very timely and thought provoking commentary as well as quotations in today’s post, “Retro reform idea – Merit Pay.” My favorite quotation is the one he starts with from Al Shanker:
The idea that if you’re paid more you’ll work harder may apply to selling encyclopedias. If you’re a lion-tamer, you’re not going to work any harder just because you’ll be paid more. The job of a teacher is more like a lion-tamer, I think.
Give the full post a read, it’s worth the time.
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Substitute Wood for Coal in Minecraft - 2014
- 5th Graders Enjoy Interactive Writing on KidBlog - 2013
- Back to the Future Opening Scene: Marty McFly Experiences Amplifier Power [VIDEO] - 2012
- Use Tweet Nest to Create a Personal Twitter Information Trap - 2012
- Podcast379: Discussing Education Reform & High Stakes Testing in Oklahoma on the Studio46 Podcast - 2011
- Storychaser digital backpack to Haiti - 2010
- Thank you, President Obama, for banning torture and working to uphold U.S. Constitutional values - 2009
- WordPress plugins for a new blog - 2009
- Geocaching in Altus - 2008
- Podcast253: Developing 21st Century Skills in School and District Leaders (COSN 2008 panel) - 2008