Doug Noon shared some very timely and thought provoking commentary as well as quotations in today’s post, “Retro reform idea – Merit Pay.” My favorite quotation is the one he starts with from Al Shanker:
The idea that if you’re paid more you’ll work harder may apply to selling encyclopedias. If you’re a lion-tamer, you’re not going to work any harder just because you’ll be paid more. The job of a teacher is more like a lion-tamer, I think.
Give the full post a read, it’s worth the time.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Substitute Wood for Coal in Minecraft - 2014
- 5th Graders Enjoy Interactive Writing on KidBlog - 2013
- Back to the Future Opening Scene: Marty McFly Experiences Amplifier Power [VIDEO] - 2012
- Use Tweet Nest to Create a Personal Twitter Information Trap - 2012
- Podcast379: Discussing Education Reform & High Stakes Testing in Oklahoma on the Studio46 Podcast - 2011
- Storychaser digital backpack to Haiti - 2010
- Thank you, President Obama, for banning torture and working to uphold U.S. Constitutional values - 2009
- WordPress plugins for a new blog - 2009
- Geocaching in Altus - 2008
- Podcast253: Developing 21st Century Skills in School and District Leaders (COSN 2008 panel) - 2008