Doug Noon shared some very timely and thought provoking commentary as well as quotations in today’s post, “Retro reform idea – Merit Pay.” My favorite quotation is the one he starts with from Al Shanker:
The idea that if you’re paid more you’ll work harder may apply to selling encyclopedias. If you’re a lion-tamer, you’re not going to work any harder just because you’ll be paid more. The job of a teacher is more like a lion-tamer, I think.
Give the full post a read, it’s worth the time.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Virtual Minecraft Camps for Elementary and Middle School Students: June 2020 - 2020
- Upgrade a Verizon Hotspot for $22 Without a New Contract - 2015
- Why You Want to GateKeep Your Teen's iOS Apps - 2015
- Substitute Wood for Coal in Minecraft - 2014
- 5th Graders Enjoy Interactive Writing on KidBlog - 2013
- Back to the Future Opening Scene: Marty McFly Experiences Amplifier Power [VIDEO] - 2012
- Use Tweet Nest to Create a Personal Twitter Information Trap - 2012
- Podcast379: Discussing Education Reform & High Stakes Testing in Oklahoma on the Studio46 Podcast - 2011
- Storychaser digital backpack to Haiti - 2010
- Thank you, President Obama, for banning torture and working to uphold U.S. Constitutional values - 2009