Thanks to both Eric Langhorst and Beth Still for tweeting the link to this amazing footage from Vortex2 of the tornado this past week in Wyoming. The most remarkable part of this video for me was this section which showed a “tornado within a tornado.”
I remember many years ago talking about tornados with my former Troop 74 Scoutmaster, Ray Hightower, and he told me about his theory that many destructive tornados actually have smaller vortexes inside them which do much of the damage we see from these storms. I’ve never forgotten him telling me about that, but until today I’d never seen video footage which supports that theory. Amazing.
It was a great blessing, as far as I’ve heard, that this tornado was out in the middle of no where and did not affect any populated areas.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Meet MacBookMaestro.com - A Free Digital Badge Powered Learning Site - 2013
- Open Learning, Outside Learning, Leading Learning, & Building Learning - 2013
- Removing Red Eye with the iPhone App Photo Wizard - 2012
- Kansas Educators: Become a Storychaser this summer in Haysville, Greenbush or Andover! - 2011
- Steve Jobs at WWDC2011: The Truth is in the Cloud! - 2011
- Digital Citizenship video resources from Hoover, Alabama Schools and Common Sense Media - 2010
- Podcast158: Digitally Informed School Leadership for the 21st Century - 2007
- Pearson makes two big headlines - 2006
- MS Office 2007 Beta and Groove - 2006