The “first PodStock” (yes, I’m proud to say ‘I was there!’) was held in Wichita, Kansas, on May 1-2, 2009. I’m not entirely sure if I’ll be able to attend PodstockSW or not, since our family has been planning to attend the XIT Rodeo and Reunion in Dalhart again during those dates in August. (I made a video “storychaser style” last year during the XIT, which I titled “72 Years of Free BBQ.” If I come to PodstockSW, can you promise equally amazing eats, Tim?!)
The call for proposals for PodStock Southwest is available as a PDF file, and is due June 17th. That’s a quick turnaround! I’m wondering if in addition or in lieu of all formally scheduled sessions, it would be good to turn this into a BarCamp event? Just a thought! BarCamp seems to epitomize the grass-roots nature and spirit of a Podstock conference. I think it still could be beneficial / a draw to have invited keynote speakers, but at least some of the sessions could be setup in a BarCamp model, or the entire conference sans keynotes could be.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Google Hangouts 101 and Sharing Lessons with Google Tools - 2014
- Playing with Media in Houston, Texas - 2011
- Education can empower us with skills to act upon the world - 2010
- Sketchcasting: A combination of blogging, talking and drawing! - 2010
- Lots of phone stalls, but not many phones! - 2010
- T3 Grant Notes (ARRA Stimulus funds for Educational Technology competitively released by the Texas Education Agency) - 2009
- Discussing GirlsGoGames.com - A conversation about values and media literacy - 2009
- Moodle as "the killer app" - 2008
- The benefits of unplugging - 2008
- Professional development and professional learning networks are key - 2007