The “first PodStock” (yes, I’m proud to say ‘I was there!’) was held in Wichita, Kansas, on May 1-2, 2009. I’m not entirely sure if I’ll be able to attend PodstockSW or not, since our family has been planning to attend the XIT Rodeo and Reunion in Dalhart again during those dates in August. (I made a video “storychaser style” last year during the XIT, which I titled “72 Years of Free BBQ.” If I come to PodstockSW, can you promise equally amazing eats, Tim?!)
The call for proposals for PodStock Southwest is available as a PDF file, and is due June 17th. That’s a quick turnaround! I’m wondering if in addition or in lieu of all formally scheduled sessions, it would be good to turn this into a BarCamp event? Just a thought! BarCamp seems to epitomize the grass-roots nature and spirit of a Podstock conference. I think it still could be beneficial / a draw to have invited keynote speakers, but at least some of the sessions could be setup in a BarCamp model, or the entire conference sans keynotes could be.
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Google Hangouts 101 and Sharing Lessons with Google Tools - 2014
- Playing with Media in Houston, Texas - 2011
- Education can empower us with skills to act upon the world - 2010
- Sketchcasting: A combination of blogging, talking and drawing! - 2010
- Lots of phone stalls, but not many phones! - 2010
- T3 Grant Notes (ARRA Stimulus funds for Educational Technology competitively released by the Texas Education Agency) - 2009
- Discussing GirlsGoGames.com - A conversation about values and media literacy - 2009
- Moodle as "the killer app" - 2008
- The benefits of unplugging - 2008
- Professional development and professional learning networks are key - 2007