This fantastic presentation by Dyane Smokorowski (Mrs. Smoke) was shared at the PodStock 2009 conference in Wichita, Kansas, on May 1, 2009. Dyane is an instructional technology coach in Andover, Kansas, and is one of the most enthusiastic advocates for telecollaboration in the classroom you’ll likely ever hear! The official description for this Podstock09 session was: Telecollaboration refers to the activity of engaging learners in intercultural exchange with students from other countries through the use of online learning. The learning outcomes of these exchanges can be both powerful and enlightening with an amazing potential for language, data collection, and global awareness. The best part of these projects is they are easier than ever to implement with the use of Web 2.0 tools. Here we’ll explore different collaborative projects and how your classroom can open the door to global learning.
- Dyane’s SlideShare for this session
- Dyane’s Wiki links for Telecollaboration
- Making Teachers Nerdy: The blog of Dyane Smokorowski
- Dyane (Mrs. Smoke) on Twitter
- Dyane’s delicious social bookmarks
- My blogged text notes from this session
- PodStock Ning
- Dr. Judi Harris’ Virtual Architecture’s web home
- My wiki resources for educational collaboration
- ESSDACK: The host of Podstock09!
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Archived Learning from the 2015 Mobile Learning Experience - 2015
- Prevent Spiders and Bugs from Getting In a Garage Tornado Shelter - 2014
- Grand View THUNDERS UP! #playingwithmedia - 2012
- Get Arabic and English News Perspectives on Meedan.net - 2010
- Mining could transform the economy of Afghanistan - 2010
- Pro-Envelope lobby fighting paperless movement - 2010
- Momentous evening of family co-learning with WordPress - 2008
- VoiceThread archival export and comment moderation experiences - 2008
- links for 2008-06-14 - 2008
- New link for Mother's Day Podcasts - 2007