This fantastic presentation by Dyane Smokorowski (Mrs. Smoke) was shared at the PodStock 2009 conference in Wichita, Kansas, on May 1, 2009. Dyane is an instructional technology coach in Andover, Kansas, and is one of the most enthusiastic advocates for telecollaboration in the classroom you’ll likely ever hear! The official description for this Podstock09 session was: Telecollaboration refers to the activity of engaging learners in intercultural exchange with students from other countries through the use of online learning. The learning outcomes of these exchanges can be both powerful and enlightening with an amazing potential for language, data collection, and global awareness. The best part of these projects is they are easier than ever to implement with the use of Web 2.0 tools. Here we’ll explore different collaborative projects and how your classroom can open the door to global learning.
- Dyane’s SlideShare for this session
- Dyane’s Wiki links for Telecollaboration
- Making Teachers Nerdy: The blog of Dyane Smokorowski
- Dyane (Mrs. Smoke) on Twitter
- Dyane’s delicious social bookmarks
- My blogged text notes from this session
- PodStock Ning
- Dr. Judi Harris’ Virtual Architecture’s web home
- My wiki resources for educational collaboration
- ESSDACK: The host of Podstock09!
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Please support my STEM classroom Donor's Choose project: "Applying STEM Skills with Robotic Sphero Balls. Use the promo code INSPIRE at checkout to double your donation (up to $100) thanks to a match from DonorsChoose.org.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Prevent Spiders and Bugs from Getting In a Garage Tornado Shelter - 2014
- Grand View THUNDERS UP! #playingwithmedia - 2012
- Get Arabic and English News Perspectives on Meedan.net - 2010
- Mining could transform the economy of Afghanistan - 2010
- Pro-Envelope lobby fighting paperless movement - 2010
- Momentous evening of family co-learning with WordPress - 2008
- VoiceThread archival export and comment moderation experiences - 2008
- links for 2008-06-14 - 2008
- New link for Mother's Day Podcasts - 2007
- Blogging can make you smarter - 2007