Thinking space tourism is a pipe dream for the distant future? Think again. Virgin Galactic is gearing up to deliver this service for $200,000 per ride starting in 2010. This may sound like an urban legend, but the groundbreaking of New Mexico’s spaceport last week in Upham was real. XCOR Aerospace and Armadillo Aerospace are developing spacecraft that could drop the per-flight cost to $100K, and those are just initial prices. What do you think these costs will be in just ten years?
Hold on to your hat, Buck Rogers. Our blue planet beckons.
Empower the dreamers. Our day to slip the surly bonds of earth is coming. 🙂
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- #playingwithmedia Digital Fabrication in the Classroom - 2012
- Podcast351: Leading Schools with Digital Vision in a Bubblesheet World (part 2 of 2) - 2010
- Best things about the Barnes and Noble Nook eBook Reader - 2010
- A recipe and tutorial for iPhone GS mobile video blogging - 2009
- Have a relative without email? Send them a letter with photos - via email! - 2009
- U.S. farm subsidies, Land Runs, and Hopelessness in the Dust Bowl - 2009
- Our schools need passionate, caring, and visionary leaders - not JUST technology - 2008
- Guidelines for Non-commercial Recording and Podcasting at Educational Conferences - 2008
- Good News: ISTE revises Recording Code of Conduct for NECC 2008 - 2008
- Highlights from EduComm07 and Anaheim - 2007