This is good news. In addition to CompFight and FlickrStorm, add Google Advanced Image Search to your list of search options for Creative Commons images. According to the official Google Blog yesterday (July 9, 2009):
Today, we’re launching a feature on Image Search to help you find images that you can use for free, while respecting the wishes of artists and creators. This feature allows you to restrict your Image Search results to images that have been tagged with licenses like Creative Commons, making it easier to discover images from across the web that you can share, use and even modify. Your search will also include works that have been tagged with other licenses, like GNU Free Documentation license, or are in the public domain.
I still think I like the interfaces of CompFight and FlickrStorm for image searches better than Google, and I REALLY like the “save in my tray” feature of FlickrStorm for research use (archiving the URLs for later inclusion in a works cited / bibliography) but this is a good step forward for Google Image search.
Hat tip to Sherri Pankurst for letting me know about this. 🙂
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Email Multiple Photos from an iPad to A Blogger Site - 2013
- Nebraska Science Teachers Model "Go Outside" Best Practices with Students - 2011
- Quick-edit Videography with iMovie for iPad - 2011
- Surviving the Liberian Civil War - A Personal Story - 2010
- The challenge: Record "Geek Rockstar" - 2008
- Podcast262: Powerful Ingredients for Digitally Interactive Learning (MODLA 2008 Keynote) - 2008
- Leverage Multimedia in Your Online Courses by Eric Fudge (integrating SCORM within your LMS) - 2008
- links for 2008-07-09 - 2008
- Graphic design fun - 2007
- Rethinking out of state tuition - 2006