In January of 2009, I recorded a webcast for the Oklahoma Technical Assistance Center (OTAC) focused on “Digital Citizenship in the Cyber Community.” This video webcast is 51 min 30 sec, and is available as a free download from the OTAC website. The webcast is in Windows Media Format. You will need to complete a short webform before accessing the download links. You can either download a 112 MB zip file, containing the entire presentation, or view a webpage version with the video embedded in it.
OTAC titled this session “Digital Citizenship in the Cyber Community.” I originally titled this “Internet Safety, Social Networking, and the Oklahoma School Security Act.” I presented this same session at our state “Safe and Healthy Schools Conference” in November 2008, and was asked to share it as a webcast over OTAC so more school personnel could access and benefit from these ideas. The webcast includes the video of me speaking as a “talking head” on one side of the browser screen, and my synchronized slides in a larger window.
Consider using this webcast for professional development with your school faculty in the upcoming school year. An extensive list of free webcasts on other topics is also available from OTAC. These are available free whether you are in Oklahoma or live elsewhere.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Green Screen Videos to Share with Teachers - 2016
- Invite Students to Enter Clean Shorts Film Festival - 2015
- Sheldon Whitehouse responds to Jim Inhofe on Climate Change - 2014
- 2010 K-12 Online Conference Call for Proposals #k12online10 - 2010
- Podcast324: Gaming, Fun, and Digital Citizenship at the Internet Cafe in Cushing, Oklahoma - 2009
- To succeed we must fail - a LOT - 2009
- Go Green, Go Electric" featuring Miles Electric vehicles wins 1st place - 2009
- Password common sense not common - 2009
- Smart Technologies whiteboard software now requires product keys for installation - 2008
- Multiple Intelligences - 2008