Dan Lovejoy is a graduate student in the Technical Communication and Rhetoric program at Texas Tech University, and lives in the Oklahoma City area. Dan interviewed me and several others for his 7 minute, 40 second micro-documentary “Real/Virtual.” Among others, he asked participants over video to respond to the following questions:
- Have you had an “oh, wow!” digital communication moment?
- Why are you on or not on Facebook?
- Why are online collaborations important?
- Are your “virtual” connections and communications “real” in the same way face-to-face interactions are?
- What is real learning?
Dan did a GREAT job with this video, both from a content and a technical perspective. I think he edited everything together with Final Cut Pro. He recorded our interview over Skype video using Ecamm’s CallRecorder. I was actually in Wichita, Kansas, when we did the interview. Great work Dan! (He did get an A in the course, BTW, for which this was his final project!)
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Use IFTTT to Auto-Tweet New Posts from Your Classroom Blog - 2013
- Reflections from the M - 2011
- We Need More Hawkeyes - 2010
- Moving Beyond the Tools.....How Do We Implement Them? - 2010
- New media changing journalism norms - 2009
- Helping young people prepare for IT related careers - 2008
- Videos for Professional Development - 2007
- Learning with the Podcast Shuffle - 2005
- Google news embraces RSS feeds! - 2005
- Podcast3: Why Podcast? - 2005