Dan Lovejoy is a graduate student in the Technical Communication and Rhetoric program at Texas Tech University, and lives in the Oklahoma City area. Dan interviewed me and several others for his 7 minute, 40 second micro-documentary “Real/Virtual.” Among others, he asked participants over video to respond to the following questions:
- Have you had an “oh, wow!” digital communication moment?
- Why are you on or not on Facebook?
- Why are online collaborations important?
- Are your “virtual” connections and communications “real” in the same way face-to-face interactions are?
- What is real learning?
Dan did a GREAT job with this video, both from a content and a technical perspective. I think he edited everything together with Final Cut Pro. He recorded our interview over Skype video using Ecamm’s CallRecorder. I was actually in Wichita, Kansas, when we did the interview. Great work Dan! (He did get an A in the course, BTW, for which this was his final project!)
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Use IFTTT to Auto-Tweet New Posts from Your Classroom Blog - 2013
- Reflections from the M - 2011
- We Need More Hawkeyes - 2010
- Moving Beyond the Tools.....How Do We Implement Them? - 2010
- New media changing journalism norms - 2009
- Helping young people prepare for IT related careers - 2008
- Videos for Professional Development - 2007
- Learning with the Podcast Shuffle - 2005
- Google news embraces RSS feeds! - 2005
- Podcast3: Why Podcast? - 2005