Here are two nuggets worth reading and sharing with others relating to leadership, passion and learning.
“If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.” — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
This reminds me of Stephen Curtis Chapman’s outstanding song, “Burn the Ships.” We can find lots of legitimate reasons to criticize Hernán Cortés, but I think everyone has to agree he led with passion.
Passion can’t be taught, either you have it or it’s caught.
One of the most important things we can share with our students, and all of those with whom we have contact each day, is our PASSION. If you are passionate about history, digital storytelling, science, exercise, writing, public speaking, teamwork, intercultural understanding, respect, integrity, or good listening skills… whatever it is that gets you fired up and motivated… SHARE it with others. Yes we must teach the curriculum, yes we must help students master mandated standards in various content areas… but we SHOULD teach, lead and learn every day with PASSION.
Connect with those areas of your life about which you are most passionate. Find ways to invest time DOING and SHARING that passion with others. You can’t put a price on passion, but you can SHARE it and INSPIRE it with and in others.
Passion is a BIG reason why I’m a storychaser.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Recording and Sharing Your iPad with In-Person and Remote Learning Students - 2020
- To-Do and Task Manager Options - 2014
- Images and Thoughts From Back to School Night - August 2011 - 2011
- Starting the School Year Off Right with a Faculty & Staff Lip Dub - 2011
- $15 fine for cell phone use during class - 2010
- Goodreader: A great way to read PDF eBooks (like David Warlick's latest) on an iPad - 2010
- Thinking conservatively about public WiFi security and Smartphone tethering - 2009
- Missing mobile alert in GMail - 2008
- Goodstein on "Totally Wired" Students - 2008
- Teachers.tv: Kids, Social Safety & Digital Literacy - 2008