This podcast is a recording of Dr. Clif Mim’s outstanding keynote on day 2 of the Podstock 2009 conference held in Wichita, Kansas, on May 2, 2009. The title of Clif’s session was, “Using Digital Technologies and Personal Learning Networks to Enhance Learning.” Clif’s website bio states: Clif Mims is a native of the Mississippi Delta and has more than 16 years of teaching experience. He taught elementary and middle school students and coached basketball and math teams to numerous championships. He later became a faculty member at the University of Georgia while simultaneously earning his Ph.D. in Instructional Technology from UGA. Dr. Mims became an assistant professor of elementary mathematics at the University of Mississippi in 2003. Clif joined the University of Memphis’ Instructional Design and Technology faculty in 2005 and now serves as Program Coordinator. His research interests are related to the effective integration of technology with the processes of teaching and learning, especially in teacher education. [end of bio] This was a great session by Clif! Please refer to the podcast shownotes for links to Clif’s slides, Ustream video archives of this session, and additional related resources.
- Clif’s wiki resources for this presentation, including Slides (on slideboom) and Ustream archives
- My text notes and Ustream archive from Clif’s keynote
- Clif Mims’ blog
- Clif’s Professional Learning Network (PLN)
- Fliggo (create your own YouTube)
- seesmic (like twitter with video, you get 60 seconds, similar to 12 seconds)
- Edmodo and ShoutEm – make your own private, school-based Twitter network
- cloud-based computing
- Podstock Ning
- Podstock Southwest Ning
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Advanced Tips for iPhone Sharing on Social Media - 2013
- Cross-Posting Audio Podcasts & Phonecasts from Cinch to iPadio - 2012
- Working Behind a Filter: Resolve Shortened URLs with Unshort.me - 2012
- ACLU Sues Missouri School District for Overblocking Internet Websites - 2011
- Magical iPhone Photo Apps - 2010
- Internet Safety and Digital Citizenship Presentations for Students, Parents and Teachers - 2010
- Railroads and virtual connections - 2008
- Searching for the ideal StoryChaser camera - 2008
- 30 Days with Twitter by Bob Sprankle - 2007
- Podcast78: Reflections on Video Gaming and Lego Star Wars 2 Demo - 2006