This month I become a member of The Oklahoma City Coworking Collaborative, and as a result have met a number of new folks in OKC passionate about social media and digital technologies. (We’ve got a bunch already in our Celebrate Oklahoma Voices learning community!) I’m enthused to pass along the announcement from Derrick Parkhurst that Saturday, October 3, the okcCoCo will be hosting the “Throw Your Voice” Conference. This event will be similar to a BarCamp in that it will rely heavily on participants to present and share:
Throw Your Voice is a single day conference for bloggers, podcasters, videocasters and other new media producers that will be held at the Oklahoma City Coworking Collaborative in Midtown Oklahoma City on Saturday October 3rd, 2009.
I’m really looking forward to the “Throw Your Voice” conference on October 3rd and have registered. Cost is $15 for OKCcOcO members, $20 for non-members. I anticipate the format may be similar to an EduBloggerCon event, with presentations scheduled in advance via a wiki / the conference website. To learn more about the okcCoCo, check out this short (2 min) video from the okcCoCo blip.tv channel.
Between this event and the Oklahoma City area WordPress Users Group I’m sure I’ll be learning a lot more this fall about social media!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Why Don't Some Teachers Let Students CREATE In Class? - 2013
- Send Web Articles to Kindle from an iPhone with Readability - 2012
- Use a Google Docs Spreadsheet to Send Text Message Alerts to Students - 2011
- Make free phone calls to land lines (US and Canada) from GMail #gct - 2010
- Easily Sync Google Calendars to your iPhone - 2010
- Why publish school updates on Facebook? - 2010
- Translate your WordPress blog into 40+ Languages - 2009
- iPod Touch Camera and Mic Coming Sept 9? - 2009
- Student Reporter interviews President Obama - 2009
- StoryChasers Brainstorm 4 - 2008