Rae Niles forwarded the song “I Need My Teachers To Learn” to me today, and I was blown away. The song was written by Kevin Honeycutt of ESSDACK, and Charlie Mahoney from Turning Point Learning Center (TPLC) helped with percussion as well as some Garageband vocal adjustments to make him sound even more awesome! The video was shot and produced by Shawn Gormley, a friend of Kevin’s. Take three minutes to watch this video version on YouTube, and I’m confident you’ll be touched as I was.
Kevin Honeycutt is not only one of the most passionate and charismatic change agents for engaged, digital learning around, he’s also one of the most talented. This video provides clear evidence. If you’re looking for more, check out the Ustream archive from Kevin closing comments at the 2009 PodStock 2009 conference in Wichita, Kansas. Yes, he did play the iPhone guitar app! This man is not only a great speaker, he’s also got CREATIVE MUSIC SKILLS!
Catch up with Kevin by following him on Plurk. 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Who Tells Your Story? Podcasting Conference: Saturday, September 14, 2019 in Oklahoma City - 2019
- WordPress OKC Meetup Tips (August 2015) - 2015
- Enhanced / MultiMedia version of Playing with Media eBook Available - 2011
- 8th grade Oklahoma students in Del City get Macbook laptops #ok1to1 - 2010
- When you fall, get back up: It matters how you finish (inspirational video) - 2010
- YouTube and iTunes fame paying off for Alabama family - 2010
- OKC WordPress Aug09 Users Group Notes - 2009
- DRM, Libraries and Digital audio book checkout limitations - 2008
- Podcast187: Implications of the Attention Economy for Schools (Part 2 of 3) - 2007
- 100 new Internet users per minute?! - 2007