We refer to students with special needs as “disabled” for good reasons. This 30 second public service announcement video by Special Olympics HQ explains why, and recommends the “The New R Word” should be “respect.”
The YouTube Online Safety Center provides an excellent set of tips and steps users as well as content creators can take if they find a video which has violated community guidelines and should be removed.
In the past six hours I’ve filed a copyright takedown request (via the YouTube copyright complaint webform) for a copied video of Sarah’s response to President Obama, which has advertising added to it, and have just flagged a response video because it includes profane and sexually explicit attacks on my daughter. I am not linking to those videos because I do not want to amplify them. Wonderfully, I can report that the attack video which I flagged was taken down by YouTube staff within 15 minutes of me flagging it.
Way to go YouTube!
Hopefully YouTube staff will respond to my copyright takedown request soon. It sounds like those requests take longer to investigate and therefore remove.
This is continuing to be an instructive journey…
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- STEM and Coding in Yukon Public Schools Featured on Oklahoma Horizon TV - 2016
- Navigating the Minefield of College Admissions Risks and Rewards - 2016
- Opening Doors for Students: An ISTE 2013 Ignite Presentation - 2013
- Reflections from the Bund in Shanghai - 2011
- Time to ditch Diigo or pay up? - 2010
- Anyone Studying Student Access to Khan Academy Videos on Netbooks? - 2010
- Farewell Bloglines, my first digital newspaper - 2010
- Arrange iPhone icons now in iTunes 9.0 - 2009
- Podcast279V: Setting up a SubDomain with cPanel - 2008
- No time to make a video? No problem with Animoto! - 2007