Woo hoo! I’ve been waiting for this functionality for months, and it’s finally here with iTunes 9.0. iPhone and iPod Touch / iTouch users no longer have to tediously arrange application icons on their iPhone / iTouch: it is now possible to arrange icons as desired using a drag-and-drop interface included with iTunes. It is SO much easier to do this on a larger computer screen, than on the smaller screen of an iPhone / iTouch, particularly when you have ten screens of applications.
Now I can readily move all the games my kids have downloaded and use on my iPhone to separate screens, just for them.
iTunes 9.0 is a free download for both Windows and Apple computer users. I maintain a list of all my iPhone apps, but need to update it – we’ve added quite a few new items over the summer! We use the same computer’s iTunes program to sync all the iPhones and iPods in our household, and this works well. We just have to make sure the “correct” person (who owns the device) is logged into the iTunes store when we sync devices, otherwise someone else’s password is required to download or update apps.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Opening Doors for Students: An ISTE 2013 Ignite Presentation - 2013
- Reflections from the Bund in Shanghai - 2011
- Time to ditch Diigo or pay up? - 2010
- Anyone Studying Student Access to Khan Academy Videos on Netbooks? - 2010
- Farewell Bloglines, my first digital newspaper - 2010
- Addressing the R Word Proactively and Flagging YouTube Videos - 2009
- Podcast279V: Setting up a SubDomain with cPanel - 2008
- No time to make a video? No problem with Animoto! - 2007
- Educational change agents wanted - 2007
- Free webinar on 1:1 computing best practices - 2007