This is a short video clip I snapped yesterday at Discovery College in Hong Kong, showing a bit of the view from the school’s upper deck.
I have a bunch of additional photos of Discovery College in my Flickr set from yesterday, which I finally finished uploading this morning as I made final edits to my presentation which kicked off our conference this evening. The Hong Kong government subsidizes approximately 25% of the costs for students to attend Discovery College, so it costs parents about $1000 per month for their child to attend. This may sound expensive (and I definitely think it does) but relative to the costs of some other international schools in east Asia it is not. The costs for Discovery College are comparable to some of our private high schools in the Oklahoma City area. None of those schools, however, are yet implementing a 1:1 laptop program. There is a waiting list of about 700 to get into Discovery College. The school has a 1:1 laptop program using Apple MacBooks starting in year 6.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Creating a Society6 Store of Digital Photography Products - 2017
- K12 Online Conference Webinar Saturday Sept 19th - 2015
- Minecraft and MinecraftEDU in the Classroom - 2014
- Amazon Isn't a Consumer Electronics Company: It's WalMart Online - 2012
- Rachel Wants to Be a Scientist - 2012
- Podcast380: The Summer of Podfading is OVER: Let's Talk eBooks! - 2011
- Notes and finds from #learning2cn Tell a Story in 5 Frames Unconference session - 2010
- The Natives are Getting Restless: Growing Up and Learning in a Web 2.0 World by Robyn Treyvaud - 2009
- Emerging Trends that Redefine Education in the 21st Century by Bruce Dixon - 2009
- Interviews and subway videos from Hong Kong International Schools (Part 1) - 2009