Robyn Treyvaud shared the following YouTube video, “Digital Dossier,” with me today at the 21st Century Learning @ Hong Kong Conference. The 4.5 minute video is a thought-provoking exploration of the “digital footprints” we leave behind along with others as we share online. This video can be a good conversation starter with students as well as adults about issues related to online safety, digital citizenship, privacy, etc.
Robyn is the author and owner of the website CyberSafeWorld, and hails from Australia. She will share the workshops “The Natives are Getting Restless: Growing Up and Learning in a Web 2.0 World” Friday and “Opportunities & outcomes of students as partners in responding to cyber issues” on Saturday here in Hong Kong. Robyn is very focused on helping dispel myths regarding Internet dangers, and encouraging a focus on “digital citizenship” rather than simply “Internet safety” in our schools. I’m eager to learn more from her this week!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Creating a Society6 Store of Digital Photography Products - 2017
- Podcast446: Reflections on a PBS Scratch Jr Coding Camp for Kids - 2016
- K12 Online Conference Webinar Saturday Sept 19th - 2015
- Minecraft and MinecraftEDU in the Classroom - 2014
- Amazon Isn't a Consumer Electronics Company: It's WalMart Online - 2012
- Rachel Wants to Be a Scientist - 2012
- Podcast380: The Summer of Podfading is OVER: Let's Talk eBooks! - 2011
- Notes and finds from #learning2cn Tell a Story in 5 Frames Unconference session - 2010
- The Natives are Getting Restless: Growing Up and Learning in a Web 2.0 World by Robyn Treyvaud - 2009
- Emerging Trends that Redefine Education in the 21st Century by Bruce Dixon - 2009