Yesterday afternoon and evening our Storychasers executive board had a retreat in one of the classrooms of the downtown Oklahoma City Metro Library. When logging onto their free wifi network, I read the fine print of their use agreement:
Under “Limitations and Disclaimers,” the website informs patrons:
Printers are not directly accessible via the wireless network. If you need to print, save to a floppy, email it to yourself then you can use one of our public workstations to print.
When was the last time a patron actually used a floppy disk at an OKC metro library? I’m thinking it’s time to update that use agreement and replace “floppy” with “flash/USB drive.”
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Lesson Cast: Sharing a Class Recording with Minimal Steps - 2020
- Recommendations for Home Hard Drive Backups - 2015
- Playing BowSpleef with a Friend in Minecraft - 2013
- Learning Cool Things at the 2013 Tulsa Mini Maker Faire - 2013
- HDR iPhoneography at Camp USAFA - 2012
- eBooks The New Normal: how libraries are leveraging the eBook opportunity - 2011
- Reach for the Stars Using Media in Your Classroom - 2011
- YouTube Aggregates Videos Shared on a Blog - 2011
- If you take more Accelerated Reader Tests, I'll give you more cell phone minutes - 2010
- Assignment: Build a personal avatar! - 2010