Chris Lehmann posted the “EduCon 2.2 — Call For Conversations and Registration” about a week ago. I have not been able to attend EduCon in person yet, but the presentations I’ve seen online and experienced vicariously through the blog post reflections and notes of others have been phenomenal. If there’s any way you can get to Philadelphia at the end of January for this conference, I highly encourage you to go and bring a team of peers from your school. Consider both attending and presenting, or I should say “sharing a conversation.” The “guiding principles” of the conference should serve as a framework for all our schools:
- Our schools must be inquiry-driven, thoughtful and empowering for all members
- Our schools must be about co-creating — together with our students — the 21st Century Citizen
- Technology must serve pedagogy, not the other way around
- Technology must enable students to research, create, communicate and collaborate
- Learning can — and must — be networked
I love the reference to “the three C’s” of 21st century learning here! 🙂
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Comparing Podcast Audio Normalization Options - 2015
- OTA - EncycloMedia 2014 Participant Reflections - 2014
- Podcast382: A Digital Witness in Tahrir Square, Egypt in January 2011 - 2011
- Is Baby Duck Syndrome Holding Back Digital Literacy Development at Your School? - 2010
- No Constitutional Right to Bear Cell Phones Exists - 2010
- Over 80% of Two Year Olds Have an Online Presence - 2010
- Oklahoma 2008 Veteran's Day Videoconference - 2008
- Mobile phone counseling for teachers from My Mobile Guru - 2008
- What Common Sense Media didn't tell parents about WikiPedia but should have - 2008
- Amidst K12Online07 launch, content control wars rage on in schools - 2007