Chris Lehmann posted the “EduCon 2.2 — Call For Conversations and Registration” about a week ago. I have not been able to attend EduCon in person yet, but the presentations I’ve seen online and experienced vicariously through the blog post reflections and notes of others have been phenomenal. If there’s any way you can get to Philadelphia at the end of January for this conference, I highly encourage you to go and bring a team of peers from your school. Consider both attending and presenting, or I should say “sharing a conversation.” The “guiding principles” of the conference should serve as a framework for all our schools:
- Our schools must be inquiry-driven, thoughtful and empowering for all members
- Our schools must be about co-creating — together with our students — the 21st Century Citizen
- Technology must serve pedagogy, not the other way around
- Technology must enable students to research, create, communicate and collaborate
- Learning can — and must — be networked
I love the reference to “the three C’s” of 21st century learning here! 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- GMail Basics Part 1: An EdPuzzle Flipped Lesson - 2019
- Comparing Podcast Audio Normalization Options - 2015
- OTA - EncycloMedia 2014 Participant Reflections - 2014
- Podcast382: A Digital Witness in Tahrir Square, Egypt in January 2011 - 2011
- Is Baby Duck Syndrome Holding Back Digital Literacy Development at Your School? - 2010
- No Constitutional Right to Bear Cell Phones Exists - 2010
- Over 80% of Two Year Olds Have an Online Presence - 2010
- Oklahoma 2008 Veteran's Day Videoconference - 2008
- Mobile phone counseling for teachers from My Mobile Guru - 2008
- What Common Sense Media didn't tell parents about WikiPedia but should have - 2008