Last night a group of us attending the 21st Century Learning @ the West Lake Expo in Hangzhou, China, ventured downtown following our banquet to see the beautiful fountains on West Lake. This approximately ten minute show involves water fountain displays in the lake, highlighted by colored spotlights underneath the water, synchronized with different songs playing on loudspeakers on the lakeside. This fountain display takes place in the evenings every half hour. The “shows” are not all the same, different songs and fountain patterns are used at different times.
This short video shows the start of the first “fountain performance” we saw, which started with a recording of Elvis Presley singing, “Viva Las Vegas!” It was pretty surprising to hear this as the initial, synchronized song here in eastern China!
Here is a second video, set to different music. These were beautiful shows to watch. The temperature yesterday and last night was unseasonably warm for this time of year, in the 70’s and 80’s. (In Fahrenheit, of course.) Today a cold front has come in bringing cloudy weather and some rain, but last night was clear and warm. Good times!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Amazed by Edgar's Design Creativity in Minecraft - 2014
- Photographic Highlights and Mapping Media Learning from NW Illinois - 2013
- Podcast410: Powerful Listening - Powerful Influence: A Conversation with Tim Hast - 2013
- Innovative Learning Institute in Norman: Nov 6, 2012 - 2012
- Digital Magazines: Text Plus Multimedia - 2011
- When Parents Don't Want Student Email - 2011
- Mirroring an iPad with iOS 5 & Apple TV - 2011
- Platforms for Interactively Sharing Student Work - 2010
- AudioBoo provides a great opportunity to record and share holiday memories - 2010
- The Research on Teaching Animation Design Art by Yang Huansong - 2009