Last night a group of us attending the 21st Century Learning @ the West Lake Expo in Hangzhou, China, ventured downtown following our banquet to see the beautiful fountains on West Lake. This approximately ten minute show involves water fountain displays in the lake, highlighted by colored spotlights underneath the water, synchronized with different songs playing on loudspeakers on the lakeside. This fountain display takes place in the evenings every half hour. The “shows” are not all the same, different songs and fountain patterns are used at different times.
This short video shows the start of the first “fountain performance” we saw, which started with a recording of Elvis Presley singing, “Viva Las Vegas!” It was pretty surprising to hear this as the initial, synchronized song here in eastern China!
Here is a second video, set to different music. These were beautiful shows to watch. The temperature yesterday and last night was unseasonably warm for this time of year, in the 70′s and 80′s. (In Fahrenheit, of course.) Today a cold front has come in bringing cloudy weather and some rain, but last night was clear and warm. Good times!
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Photographic Highlights and Mapping Media Learning from NW Illinois - 2013
- Podcast410: Powerful Listening - Powerful Influence: A Conversation with Tim Hast - 2013
- Innovative Learning Institute in Norman: Nov 6, 2012 - 2012
- Digital Magazines: Text Plus Multimedia - 2011
- When Parents Don't Want Student Email - 2011
- Mirroring an iPad with iOS 5 & Apple TV - 2011
- Platforms for Interactively Sharing Student Work - 2010
- AudioBoo provides a great opportunity to record and share holiday memories - 2010
- The Research on Teaching Animation Design Art by Yang Huansong - 2009
- Creating an alternative gaming classification system - 2009