We have been hearing about watching TV on our phones here in the USA for awhile, but many cell phone network towers (especially in rural areas) still can’t support the bandwidth this requires. Most cell phones today can’t stream live TV either. Today, I learned my iPhone can! Using the $3 CNN iPhone app, I watched a little of President Obama’s town hall meeting on CNN live today, on my iPhone. Wow. I was connected to wifi when the photos below were taken, but I confirmed this also works over 3G.
Mobile blogged on WordPress for iPhone 2.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Chromebook and Home Computer Advice for Parents (Dec 2018) - 2018
- Reflections Following an Oklahoma City Public Schools Community Forum - 2013
- Create Media Sandboxes for your Family and Classroom - 2011
- 2010 EduBlog Award Nominations: Please Vote! - 2010
- Happy Chester Greenwood Day! #invention #creativity #maine - 2010
- Technology Integrators are essential for 1 to 1 Laptop Learning and Technology Immersion - 2010
- Join the conversations Monday to Redefine Teacher Education - 2009
- Concise writing, digital storytelling, timelines and six-word memoirs - 2008
- Amazing sights and news on Oahu - 2007
- VoiceThread from Ford Island - 2007