As a co-convener for the K-12 Online Conference, the following is a beautiful sight.
Presenters in our 2009 conference are following a new set of procedures to DIRECTLY upload their files to both DotSub and Blip.tv, where their videos are converted / transcoded into Flash versions (on both sites) and into m4v (iPod compatible video) and mp3 (audio only) formats on Blip. Use of these two websites as the exclusive sources for presentations this year may pose more accessibility issues for teachers at schools where content filters block most or all video sharing sites like these. For that reason, organizers have created an accessibility survey we invite you to take and share your experiences this year accessing K-12 Online Conference materials both at work and at home.
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- FREE Hour of Code Webinars with Wes - 2013
- MinecraftEDU Beginner Challenge: Craft 10 Basic Tools with Wood and Stone - 2013
- AudioBoo Websites and Ports to Unblock on Your School Internet Content Filter - 2012
- K-12 Online Conference 2011 Closing Live Event: The Afterglow! - 2011
- An Exemplary Elementary Computer Lab Setup, Website and Lesson Plans - 2011
- Choose mobile learning devices instead of IWBs - 2010
- Learning More about Chrome OS - 2010
- Chapter book bedtime reading advice needed - 2008
- Encouraging community conversations about digital learning skills and school reform in Colorado - 2008
- Differentiated instruction and digital storytelling - 2008