Week 2 of the 2009 K-12 Online Conference begins in about seven hours, and our co-conveners are making last minute updates to “pre-flight” the presentation posts which will “go live” on the K-12 Online Conference blog next week following the published order on our conference schedule. For the second year, we are using Blip.tv to make m4v / iPod friendly video versions of presentations, as well as mp3 / audio-only versions. This year, however, we asked presenters to DIRECTLY upload their presentations to both Blip and DotSub following provided instructions. In some cases, the checkboxes to request presentation file conversion to m4v and mp4 formats was not made at the time files were uploaded, but with a PRO Blip.tv account this is not a problem. These conversions can be requested later. Tonight, to share these steps with our other conference co-conveners, I recorded a four minute screencast simply using my web browser, Java, and the free website Screenr. This is the result, which I added to our convener “presentation pre-flighting” instructions on our conference wiki.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- 5th EdCampOKC Coming to Del City High School March 4, 2017 - 2016
- Inspired by Ashley Vance's Biography of Elon Musk - 2015
- Brainstorming the Digital Sharing Map: Classroom Edition - 2015
- Come See "One Incredible Moment" in Edmond This Weekend - 2014
- Building Virtual Bridges Through Sharing and Transparency - 2013
- Al Jazeera, Arab Spring, & Opposing Extremism in Our Midst in the USA - 2012
- Mobile Video Editing with ReelDirector on an iPhone4 #edapp - 2010
- Tech Support for Parents - 2010
- No alternative to the RTTT / Duncan Education Reform Plan Offered by Fallin - 2010
- Forgo the big stick, carry a small computer instead - 2008