Week 2 of the 2009 K-12 Online Conference begins in about seven hours, and our co-conveners are making last minute updates to “pre-flight” the presentation posts which will “go live” on the K-12 Online Conference blog next week following the published order on our conference schedule. For the second year, we are using Blip.tv to make m4v / iPod friendly video versions of presentations, as well as mp3 / audio-only versions. This year, however, we asked presenters to DIRECTLY upload their presentations to both Blip and DotSub following provided instructions. In some cases, the checkboxes to request presentation file conversion to m4v and mp4 formats was not made at the time files were uploaded, but with a PRO Blip.tv account this is not a problem. These conversions can be requested later. Tonight, to share these steps with our other conference co-conveners, I recorded a four minute screencast simply using my web browser, Java, and the free website Screenr. This is the result, which I added to our convener “presentation pre-flighting” instructions on our conference wiki.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Inspired by Ashley Vance's Biography of Elon Musk - 2015
- Brainstorming the Digital Sharing Map: Classroom Edition - 2015
- Come See "One Incredible Moment" in Edmond This Weekend - 2014
- Building Virtual Bridges Through Sharing and Transparency - 2013
- Al Jazeera, Arab Spring, & Opposing Extremism in Our Midst in the USA - 2012
- Mobile Video Editing with ReelDirector on an iPhone4 #edapp - 2010
- Tech Support for Parents - 2010
- No alternative to the RTTT / Duncan Education Reform Plan Offered by Fallin - 2010
- Forgo the big stick, carry a small computer instead - 2008
- Exploring Amazon S3 Backup Options with Jungle Disk and Bandwagon - 2008