I learned this evening the latest version of WordPress (2.9) has added several exciting features, including built-in image editing (including cropping and image rotation) as well as video embedding from many popular video sharing websites using the oEmbed standard. I’m also enthused WordPress will now automatically check for plugin-in compatibility when upgrading plug-ins. Plug-in conflicts can be a real headache, and this new feature should be a BIG help to those WordPress users (like yours truly) who use a large number of plug-ins.
I’m eager to give this version a try… I’ve been a bit slow to update my blogs from 2.8.4. These new features will, I predict, give me more motivation to get those WordPress blogs upgraded!
Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Google Calendar Appointment Slot Double Booking Mystery - 2012
- Our Inadequate Internet Infrastructure - 2010
- Ustreaming with multiple local mics and remote callers via Skype - 2009
- Discussing eBooks, the Kindle, and the iPhone Amazon Application via Ustream - 2009
- Restored blog access and reflections on the psychology of daily blogging - 2008
- Considering options for a COV digital backpack camera upgrade - 2008
- Novelty and curiosity essential for engagement and learning - 2007
- Video to Flash format - 2006
- 21st Century Education reform - 2006
- VPN Speed Hits and Himachi (Hamachi) - 2005