I added the following text to my WordPress header file this evening, so these links now show up at the top of my blog each time it’s displayed in a browser. (This does not show up if you’re subscribed to my blog’s feed, however.)
I have all these blogs listed on my ClaimID page, and also have most of them listed in my blog’s left sidebar links for “Contributions and Connections,” but figured it might be helpful to highlight these “other spaces” where I’m periodically (and generally less frequently) sharing ideas as blog posts.
All the education-related blogs to which I subscribe continue to be listed (as a Google Reader share) on my Resources – Education Blogs page. I share most blog posts I read via Google Reader, which show up in the right sidebar of my blog as well as directly in my Google Reader Shared Items.
Just for fun, I used Yahoo Pipes and created an aggregated feed for these seven blog sources, sorted by date. This Yahoo Pipe gets the site feed for each blog, truncates the feed to include just the most recent 5 posts, combines all 7 feeds, and then sorts them by publication date so they are shown in descending order (most recent first.)
Yahoo Pipes is so cool!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Book Review: The Industries of the Future by Alec Ross - 2016
- Advice for Teachers Starting with Classroom Blogging - 2015
- Creativity, Connectedness and the Adjacent Possible - 2014
- Exploring the Hobbit on iTunes University and Course To-Dos - 2013
- Nook Tablet Plays Enhanced eBooks - 2011
- Podcast387: TechShoppingCart Episode 11 – Christmas 2011 Apps and Gadgets - 2011
- Directly Download the Playing with Media enhanced eBook to your iPad! - 2011
- iOS Apps for Productivity and Fun: The List! - 2010
- Learning about Scratch Basics (a podcast interview with 7 and 10 year olds) - 2010
- UNICEF Photos of the Year Give Cause to Pause This Holiday Season - 2008