A storm bringing ice and snow has come to central Oklahoma, just in time for Christmas. For fun I’ve setup one of our computers in the front window and am Ustreaming (via our Learning Signs Ustream channel) the view of the snowstorm in our front yard… with some Christmas music via Pandora streaming as audio thanks to SoundFlower and Audio Hijack Pro. I have Pandora playing in FireFox, and Audio Hijack Pro is grabbing that audio and sending it to Soundflower. My Safari browser is running Ustream and the broadcast, sharing the external DV video source and using Soundflower as the audio source.
Earlier this morning our kids and one of the dogs were out front sledding and playing, but the wind is blowing pretty hard, so they didn’t stay out long. If the snow accumulates I’m sure we’ll be out again. The weatherfolks are saying we may get 4 to 8 inches. With all the ice and snow our Christmas Eve church services for this evening have been canceled, so we’re snowbound for the day. What fun! Happy holidays to you and yours.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Comparing WordPress Page Caching Options - 2014
- Podcast412: Reflections on Prisons, Schools, Poverty and Families in Oklahoma - 2013
- Merry Christmas: Download #playingwithmedia Podcasts Free, Buy eBook 50% off Dec 24 & 25 Only - 2011
- Merry Christmas 2010 from the Fryers - 2010
- Give the gift of family oral history this holiday - 2008
- Podcast105: Thinking Critically About Library and School Technologies - 2006
- Eragon and WikiPedia extended learning - 2006
- Copying iTunes songs, DVD conversion and feeding - 2006